i386/99570: keyboard freezes when installing from CD

Adrian Esquivel adrianesquisi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 01:20:22 UTC 2006

>Number:         99570
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       keyboard freezes when installing from CD
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
At the very beginning of the instalation process, when the menu screen is displayed (when there is a timer and you need to press enter or wait to the timer to get to 0), the keyboard freezes, not allowing any of the options to be selected. So the timer become 0 and the other menu is displayed, where you can choose wich kind of instalation you'll use. In this screen the keyboard is also 'dead' so nothing can be done to install freeBSD. The keyboard is not actually dead because the Caps light and Num Lock light turn on and off when the respective button is pressed, but it seems that the PC don't recognize the action of a key pressed. I'm using an USB keyboard... does this has anything to do?? I haven't been able to get another keyboard to try it. Please help!
>How-To-Repeat:
With the instalation CD inserted, turn on the PC.