i386/92709: how do i unistall freebsd, i try writing the '0' to the hard drive and then reinstalling windows but it give me some error 9 can't load windows and i try puting ubuntu but it have me a system halt.

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 2 03:55:02 PST 2006

Gerardo Aguilar schrieb:

>  do you suggest that it might be a problem with the motherboard
>  because i didn't have a conflict before i install freebsd, now  ubuntu
>  or windows won't install.  I bought a different hard drive it still
>  won't let me boot up any of the it gives me a system halt on linux and
>  error in windows.

FreeBSD makes only changes to the hard disk. If I understand you
correctly then you replaced the old hard disk with a new one and
installed Windows on the new hard disk; the old one isn't connected
anymore. In this case I suppose it is definitively not a FreeBSD fault.

By the way you can look up Windows errors and their reasons and
solutions at msdn.microsoft.com. Just type the exact error message into
the search field.

It might be coincidence that a hardware error occured first when you
installed FreeBSD. FreeBSD doesn't do ugly tricks that could destroy
your hardware or make other operating systems and even fresh
installations unbootable forever.

Björn