i386/92709: how do i unistall freebsd, i try writing the '0' to the hard drive and then reinstalling windows but it give me some error 9 can't load windows and i try puting ubuntu but it have me a system halt.

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 1 15:00:33 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/92709; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org,  krone_ at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: i386/92709: how do i unistall freebsd, i try writing the '0'
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:55:15 +0100

 First of all, please use the mailing lists to ask those questions. A lot
 of users won't notice your problem if you submit general questions as
 problem report. See also
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

 There is no uninstallation routine. Normally you just have to delete the
 partition of the operating system which is a task that you can do during
 the Windows installation.

 Who is giving you "some error 9"? This is a little bit imprecise.
 Windows should be able to install itself without problems regardless of
 existing partitions. If it doesn't work this is probably not a FreeBSD
 related problem.

 Björn