i386/96373: install CD - don't boot

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 25 08:44:56 UTC 2006

Synopsis: install CD - don't boot

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Fri Aug 25 08:43:13 UTC 2006
State-Changed-Why:
Did you try some later version of the FreeBSD software?
like 6.1?  Can you perhaps show where the problem is
occuring so that we can properly classify this?  It is
very hard to see what goes wrong since we do not have
enough information.  The bootloader (as far as i can recall)
has the option to verbose boot; please consider using that
during startup so that all the steps are being shown in a
very chatty way.

Thanks in advance.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->remko
Responsible-Changed-By: remko
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Aug 25 08:43:13 UTC 2006
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Grab the PR for feedback.