i386/72778: 5.3beta7 never boots, suspected SMP problem [Tyan S1668]

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 29 09:59:34 PDT 2005

Synopsis: 5.3beta7 never boots, suspected SMP problem [Tyan S1668]

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Sat Oct 29 16:57:57 GMT 2005
State-Changed-Why:
I am currently trying to determine the exact problem with the
submitter.

This is the final line of his bootup sequence:
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec.

If i refer to my personal system i can see that after
that the harddisks are probed.  So something might be
wrong there.  Let's exclude that and try starting
without ACPI to see what that does.

Place the PR in feedback mode till the problem is more
clear.