misc/87750: btx halted error while installation

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 26 05:40:18 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR i386/87750; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>
To: djuvec <djuvec at gmx.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: misc/87750: btx halted error while installation
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:32:57 +0300

 On 2005-10-20 19:33, djuvec <djuvec at gmx.net> wrote:
 > >Synopsis:       btx halted error while installation
 > >Arrival-Date:   Thu Oct 20 19:40:10 GMT 2005
 > >Release:        5.4
 >
 > After booting from CD the boot prompt appears. Then after pressing
 > a number key for booting somthing is loaded from CD, then the CPU
 > registers are dumped and BTX halted appears. The eip value is always
 > the same, independent which number key is pressed.

 I'm not a BTX guru, but those who are will certainly need a bit more
 information about the hardware of the particular system.  Can you
 please send at least the following details as a followup to this
 message?

 Make sure you keep the <freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org> address
 in the list of Cc: addresses and the subject starts with ``Re:
 misc/87750: btx''.  This way the followup will be added to the "audit
 trail" of this PR and anyone who works on it will be able to look at
 the history of the bug report more easily ;-)

 Regards,
 Giorgos