i386/87576: no installation on Acer aspire 1304xc laptop

sorel sorel.up8 at engineer.com
Mon Oct 17 10:50:17 PDT 2005

>Number:         87576
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       no installation on Acer aspire 1304xc laptop
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
              For years, I am trying to install freeBSD on my Qcer qspire 1304xc laptop computer. While using FreeBsd 4.x, the boot process stops for the following reqson : unable to find image ( kernel.flp ). with the FreeBSD 5.x the installation goes normaly and stops at 11% of the packages installation !
>How-To-Repeat:
              use a qcer qspire 1304 xc computer, boot with the cdrom of weathe FreeBSD 4.x or FreeBSD 5.x and the bug will occur.
>Fix:
              I think the broblem comes from the fact on this computer, the cdrom is scsi and by defaylt the ide is expected.