6.0 RC1 kernel panic on Vmware

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Thu Oct 13 08:41:35 PDT 2005

I am seeing FreeBSD 6.0 RC1 panic in about the same way as described
in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84102: I follow the same
repro steps as in the bug report, and get a panic at about the same
place.  Unfortunately I don't know how to debug the kernel; all I can
say is that it prints this on the screen:

        Panic: page fault
        Uptime: 56s
        Cannot dump.  No dump device defined.

This is with VMware Workstation e.x.p build 16325.
--
A DRE voting system is one of the simplest computer
applications you could imagine.  It just adds by one.