Bug followup?

Bill Schmitt (SW) software at schmittnet.com
Fri Oct 7 12:51:15 PDT 2005

A week ago, on 10/1/05, I submitted a bug report (i386/86820) via the
online system. I submitted it after posting to the questions at freebsd.org
list and, after a little head scratching, the only suggestions that came
back were to submit it as a bug. As of now, I've been forced to install
release 4.9 from an old disk that I fortunately had, because I cannot
boot successfully after an install of 4.10 or 4.11, and the installation
disk itself (from a downloaded ISO image) hangs on releases 5.4 and 6
beta 4. I know there's a lot of work going on getting 6 out the door,
but so far this seems to be embedded there, too, and in all the versions
I've tried (4.9 installs and boots without issue). I'd like to get away
from an unsupported version of FreeBSD. Is there any way I can get a
hint on how to proceed? From what I can see on the Problem Report screen
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=86820), I'm the only one
who's looked at it.

Bill Schmitt