Help Me

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Mon Nov 28 22:10:44 GMT 2005

Tilman Linneweh wrote:

> Am 28.11.2005 um 16:55 schrieb Umar Draz:
>
>>  i have FreeBSD 4.11 Server. I want to install php
>> fileinfo. When I use php install fileinfo then i got
>> this error
>>

>> tarting to download Fileinfo-1.0.1.tgz (5,697 bytes)
>> .....done: 5,697 bytes
>> 3 source files, building
>> running: phpize
>> Configuring for:
>> PHP Api Version:         20020918
>> Zend Module Api No:      20020429
>> Zend Extension Api No:   20050606
>> Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf
>> installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF
>> environment variable is set correctly and then rerun
>> this script.
>>
>> `phpize' failed
>>

>> i have installed gnu-autoconf, gnu-automake.
>

> These ports don't have anything to do with the error.
> The ports system uses the autoconf* ports.
>

>>   Please help what i should do for this

No, please don't do that. This isn't an a bug. There is a collision
between the installed php and the modules You try to install since they
aren't from the same version! You must have updated the ports tree since
You installed php, did You? The simplest solution is to backup related
configuration files, remove php and *all* php modules, update ports tree
and reinstall php with the modules You want. I solved the same error in
this way.

Cheers,

Gabor Kovesdan