i386/88657: [bug] windows client hang when browsing a samba share which is on a nfs fs

Eric Lo wxluo at ntnu.edu.tw
Tue Nov 8 04:20:23 PST 2005

>Number:         88657
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       [bug] windows client hang when browsing a samba share which is on a nfs fs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD ym78116.ym.edu.tw 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Sun Nov  6 23:35:04 CST 2005     root at ym78116.ym.edu.tw:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER  i386

           When I have upgraded my system to FreeBSD 6 Stable, I found windows client have hanged when it browsed a nfs mount fs. However, FreeBSD 5.4 Stable does not have this kind of problem with the same environment. In addition, I have reinstalled all samba related/depended ports by "portupgrade -cCuvfrR samba".There is no any nfs error in system log files. Is there any differences in nfs server between FreeBSD 5.4 stable and 6 stable?

PS: Samba server is in a jail.

NFS server: Debian sarge
/etc/exports:
/home/d x.x.x.x (sync,rw,no_root_squash)

NFS client: FreeBSD 6 Stable
/etc/fstab
ym78123.ym.edu.tw:/home/x         /home/js/x/x  nfs     rw,nfsv3,soft   0

>How-To-Repeat:
              when browsing a share which is nfs mount fs
>Fix:
              none