i386/82030: Choosing an alternate default MTA

Matteo Riondato rionda at gufi.org
Tue Jun 14 06:40:17 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR i386/82030; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matteo Riondato <rionda at gufi.org>
To: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at nitro.dk>, freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: i386/82030: Choosing an alternate default MTA
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:35:46 +0200

 On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:54:07PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
 > On 2005.06.13 21:30:26 +0000, Matteo Riondato wrote:
 >
 > >  This is a serious bug and should be solved altough we're now in a code
 > >  freeze, that's why I'm CC'ing re at . A patch for this bug follows

 > This does not fix the problem since it will now pick up the wrong
 > postfix version when you install from a complete FTP mirror (see the
 > CVS log for the commit that added the -2.1 part as to why).

 You're right, I forgot about network installs, sorry.

 > I made the simple attached patch some time ago, I just forgot about it
 > again since I needed to test that it actually did work as expected
 > before committing... :-/ - I will try to get around to it soon, unless
 > somebody else beats me to it.

 I think your patch will be ok, but the problem will present again
 once we have postfix-2.3 . I'm looking for a more permanent solution
 but it's not so easy as it would involve some cut'n'paste that I don't
 absolutely like.
 Best Regards
 --
 Rionda aka Matteo Riondato