i386/76372: cannot burn iso image disk2 of any release

Jerry Magnuson thumpper at neb.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 12:50:25 PST 2005

>Number:         76372
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       cannot burn iso image disk2 of any release
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I am trying to burn installation disks of 5.3 off the ISO(s)available for download from this site.  After downloading disk1 and disk2 iso images and subsequently trying to burn same, disk1 burns fine with no problem.  Disk2 will not burn and locks up the machine.  This has happened with both the i386 and amd64 images I downloaded from the site. Went to another machine and downloaded the same again and attempted to burn to disk and the same probem came up with that machine also.
>How-To-Repeat:
Download both images again and attempt to burn the ISO images to disk.  Disk 1 will burn fine. Disk2 will not burn and locks up the machine.  Have tried on three different computers.