networked sound

Meka[ni] meka at softhome.net
Sun Feb 6 09:17:36 PST 2005

	I really don't know how to search for it (google or freebsd.org) because I don't know the exact name of the program (deamon?). What I would like to do is to plug my amplifier to FreeBSD box and that
all other sound coming from other computers are played trough FreeBSD one. So, I need something like a module/driver (bsd, linux and windows) that will add virtual sound card to the machine. Linux and
FreeBSD are important. I would like to have Windows driver, too, but it is not so important (games and music). I can make a mixer (something like DJ mixer), but I would really hate to make more cables
fit into my room. Computers are connected on the LAN so it would be wonderful to eliminate the need for extra cables. Thanx. :o)