i386/77016: Problem starting a jail in FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE

Patrick Michalski patricktech at tothebridge.net
Wed Feb 2 08:30:23 PST 2005

>Number:         77016
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Problem starting a jail in FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
      I have followed the man page for jails to setup a security jail however when I attempt to run the jail after I have created the directory tree and everything it errors out. The command I am issuing is the following:

jail /fs/jails/<IP> <hostname> <IP> /bin/sh /etc/rc

And I get the following error:

sysctlL unknown oid 'security.jail.jailed'
[: -eq: unexpected operator
ps: bad namelist
ps: bad namelist
sysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.interrupt: Operation not permitted
sysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.ethernet: Operation not permitted
sysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.point_to_point: Operation not permitted
ps: bad namelist
ps: bad namelist
mount: /dev/ad0s1a: Operation not permitted

I am at a loss???