i386/80433: write failure on transfer!

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Thu Apr 28 06:00:34 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR i386/80433; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com>
To: Sogutlu <rsogutlu at hotmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/80433: write failure on transfer!
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:56:38 +0300

 On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:08:55 GMT
 Sogutlu <rsogutlu at hotmail.com> wrote:

 > Dear Freebsd User,
 > I need some help! yesterday I bought a Mainboard MB VIA EPIA-5000 MINITX 533 MHZ and I assembled it. But each time if I want to install my freebsd 5.3 I always get the message "Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1425408 bytes.
 > Is there anybody to fix this problem?

 This is not a PR.

 Please post this on stable@ Please try a 5.4RC snapshot. Please be more
 descriptive: when exactly in the installation process does this happen,
 what is the output of the emergency shell (Alt+F4) if it get there .....

 --
 IOnut
 Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"