i386/80092: PC Cards do not work at all on laptop Compaq N800V

vdemart1 at tin.it vdemart1 at tin.it
Mon Apr 25 10:10:23 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR i386/80092; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vdemart1 at tin.it
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, vittorio.demartino at grtn.it
Subject: Re: i386/80092: PC Cards do not work at all on laptop Compaq N800V
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:01:12 +0200

 I found the solution at last!
 In the configuration file /etc/default/pccard.conf there's a line specifying
 the allowed IRQs

 irq	3 5 10 11 15

 which seemed very poor to me because my aironet cisco card triggered an irq 7.

 Therefore, as in a line in the same /etc/default/pccard.conf is suggested

 # on i386 IRQs can be any of 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 12 14 15

 I copied /etc/default/pccard.conf into /etc/pccard.conf and modified the
 "poor" irq line in this way:

 irq 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 12 14 15

 This made the trick!