RAID-ON FREEBSD

Umar Draz tearrs at msn.com
Fri Jun 25 07:21:43 GMT 2004

Hi Dear Members!

   i have a question about RAID on FREEBSD

  i have a Proxy Server that run on Redhat LInux. on linux there is 2 IDE
hardisk both are 30 GB. when i had install (during installation on Linux)

   i choose   (hda1)

  /           1500MB
/boot      100MB
swap       1024
/usr         5000MB
/var         3000MB

after creating above partions i have 19376MB free space on my (hda1) disk so
  i create /cache partion for my web /cache

/cache    19376

then i choose (hdb1) there i create 30GB partion. now in linux there is a
option of RAID i ope RAID then linux ask me for rading then i select /cache
partion from (hda1) which was 19376MB and second I select /cache partion
from (hdb1) which was 30GB then i click on RAID after clicking linux make
one partion 41976MB with name of /cache.

   now i purchased new server DEL there is alo 2 HD 40/40 GB and i want
freeBSD proxy server over there. so plz tell me how i can raid on FREEBSD
same like linux.???

thanks and regards

Umar DRAZ