i386/69688: NATD does not work with outgoing PPTP VPN connections

Victor Bratsev vbratsev at apt-telecom.ru
Tue Jul 27 23:30:33 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR i386/69688; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Victor Bratsev" <vbratsev at apt-telecom.ru>
To: "Mike Jakubik" <mikej at rogers.com>
Cc: <freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: i386/69688: NATD does not work with outgoing PPTP VPN connections
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:20:18 +0400

 Excuse me, but whether should it work ?
 Whether VPN's exist to provide secure access to all network behind a
 vpn-gateway or i am in a big mistake?
 How you can establish a connection with specific host if it is behind a NAT.

 I think we both have to reread some books about VPNs :)