i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE and -CURRENT

Ben Livingston ben at inwa.net
Tue Jul 6 10:00:30 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR i386/60344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Livingston <ben at inwa.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Cc: npaufler at incentre.net
Subject: Re: i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE
 and -CURRENT
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:57:57 -0700 (PDT)

 I am running a SuperMicro P4SCT+ motherboard with an Intel 6300ESB SATA
 controller. I encountered the same problems -- when I enable RAID in the
 bios, FreeBSD fails to find the hard drives.

 I disabled RAID and installed FreeBSD 5.2.1. I then enabled RAID in the
 bios but did not set up any RAID drives. I booted from the hard drive and
 FreeBSD started loading, but then hung at:

 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
 setrootbyname failed
 ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
 Root mount failed: 6