i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE and -CURRENT

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Tue Feb 3 13:30:35 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR i386/60344; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, npaufler at incentre.net
Subject: Re: i386/60344: Intel ICH5 SATA RAID boot problems on both -STABLE and -CURRENT
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:22:52 -0800

 As a follow-up: we too have these same boxes, and they seem to
 exhibit the exact same issue as Nicholas described (BTX crashes
 in 5.2.1, and no disks are found by sysinstall on 4.9).

 I've the time to do extra debugging work if needed, but with BTX
 failing on 5.x, there's not too much I can do with that.  For 4.9, I
 have absolutely no idea why the disks aren't being found (the ICH5R
 SATA controller _is_ detected; I can provide dmesg output if needed).
 Possibly Soren could shed some light on this one....

 Could someone please look into this, for either release?  Or post
 information about how I could go about providing debug information
 for this?

 Thanks.

 --
 | Jeremy Chadwick                          koitsu at jdc.parodius.com |
 | Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |