uvisor support for treo and kyocera phones.

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at sponge.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 5 02:20:08 PDT 2004

Support for the Kyocera 7135 has recently been added to the Linux kernel,
according to this message.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25369.html

While I know that FreeBSD and Linux do not need to support the same sorts
of things, the explanation of the Kyocera 7135 and Treo behaviours leads
me to think it would be trivial to add support for these two types of
devices.  Though it's not strictly an i386 issue, I am directing it to
this list because I did not see a freebsd-usb list.  I would be willing to
write the support for it if need be, but I thought that those more
familiar with the uvisor driver would be better able to address it.
Support for this phone worked great through serial, but I plan on getting
a new IBM laptop and they seem to think that serial is obsolete or some
such.  Anyways, if this is an inappropriate place for this message, please
let me know where I can direct it, and if anyone is willing to write this
feature or assist me in writing it, I'd be very thankful.

 	Eric Kjeldergaard

I write a signature to let you know I care.