i386/69876: new kernel panic on boot

Silvere silvere.thommerel at free.fr
Sun Aug 1 07:30:30 PDT 2004

>Number:         69876
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       new kernel panic on boot
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
My last buildworld was made on Jul 21st and was okay.
I made a buildworld today (compiled Ok)
I made a new kernel adding the pre-requisites from the handbook for bluetooth dongles. (Compiled Okay.)
Rebooted
I faced a panic while in kernel mode.(page fault)
I single booted the older kernel
Installed world + mergemaster.
Rebooted (kernel panic again)
The new kernel cannot boot in single mode even with ACPI disabled.
The previous kernel also boot in single mode and system panics if I try to start multi user.

>How-To-Repeat:
Well... I made buildworld + kernel....
I cannot imagine this only could be because of netgraph.....
>Fix:
I have no idea :-(
Could it be a gcc issue (As written in UPDATING ?)
I use no optimisation options.