i386/65774: Cannot run repair disk when booted from USB CD-ROM

Wes Peters wes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 19 11:00:35 PDT 2004

>Number:         65774
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Cannot run repair disk when booted from USB CD-ROM
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Booted 5.2.1 disc 1 from an attached USB CD-ROM drive.  This system has a 3ware SATA RAID controller, so we have to configure the RAID with the 3ware utility before installing, so we selected the "run repair from disc 2" option on the menu.  The result was a message stating "Cannot find /dev/cd0".
>How-To-Repeat:
Try running the repair disc when booted from a USB CD-ROM.