i18n not working during startup

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Thu Feb 2 18:35:11 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've setup login classes by handbook recommendation but seems that daemons started by rc
at system bootup don't use it. What i'm actually trying to do is configure tomcat to
use UTF-8 by default. I've configured it's user class on /etc/login.conf adding:

        :setenv=LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8:\
        :lang=en_US.UTF-8:\

rebuilt login.conf db and tried rebooting. It doesn't seem to have lang or lc_all set
in their environment. As a workaround i thought about adding export lines at start of
/etc/rc.conf, but that's an ugly hack.

Is there any other way of setting up lang settings for system startup daemons?

FreeBSD version: 7.4
Arch: amd64

Thanks a lot.
Regards
--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.