Mongolian locale

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Wed Sep 27 03:56:11 PDT 2006

Andrey Chernov wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:18:18PM +0900, Ganbold wrote:
>
>> Mongolian has 2 characters in addition to Russian, but for colldef file
>> he used Russian colldef file, since those 2 characters aren't included
>> in ISO8859-5 standard.
>> Can you review the attached files? Please let us know if there is any
>> issue with it.
>> If there isn't any issue, can you commit these files to FreeBSD?
>>

> You don't need colldef for UTF-8 locale since collating is
> currently supported for 8bit locales only.
> I'll look at yor files and commit them into -current if they are correct.

Thanks a lot Andrey.

Since we can not use the ISO-8859-5 character set, it
is not really helpful to use Russian colldef file. Please let us know if
we are wrong here.
So my colleague Natsagdorj has just created colldef file that has only
the line "order \x00; ...;\xff" in it.
Here is the attached last version of mn_MN locale files.
Please let us know if the files are not correct.

thanks a lot,

Ganbold