LC_TIME for Buddhist Era in Thailand

Thawatchai Piyawat t.piyawat at gmail.com
Fri May 13 01:13:26 PDT 2005

Hello,

I've created a locale th_TH (Thai in Thailand). It can be found in
ports/misc/thailocale. Everything seems to work fine so far except a
problem in LC_TIME.

To solve the problem, I would like to ask everyone the following questions:

1) In Thailand, we use the Buddhist Era that starts 543BC. This year
(2005) is the year 2548 in Thailand. The problem is that I can't
figure out how to put "plus 543" in the LC_TIME file.

2) I can't find a syntax reference for FreeBSD locale definitions.
I've created th_TH by looking at the source of other locales. This
method works, but it doesn't give me certainty that what I've done is
correct. If such references exist, it would really help me.

Thanks,

Thawatchai Piyawat