rsync mirror in the US

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Sat Oct 26 18:48:42 UTC 2013

On Oct 26, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Will Rowe <william at digitalocean.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am looking for a publically accessible rsync mirror of FreeBSD in the
> United States, Canada, or Mexico.
>
> Please let me know if any of your mirrors support this protocol?
>
> In the public list, i see only ftp-master (which i do not have access to)
> and ftp13 which is refusing connections.
>
> Regards,
> Will
> Digital Ocean

ftpmirror.your.org has rsync-able mirrors of everything.

# rsync ftpmirror.your.org::
FreeBSD
FreeBSD-Archive
FreeBSD-CVS
wikimedia-dumps
wikimedia-images
wikimedia-imagedumps
centos
NetBSD
pkgsrc
kiwix
everything

 This data is available by IPv4 and IPv6, by FTP, HTTP and rsync.

 /pub/FreeBSD                     Primary FreeBSD FTP Archive
 /pub/FreeBSD-Archive             Historical archive of past releases
 /pub/FreeBSD-CVS                 Full CVS Repository
 /pub/FreeBSD-Unofficial-Packages Unofficial locally produced packages
 /pub/wikimedia                   Archives from the Wikimedia foundation
 /pub/wikimedia/dumps             Wikimedia database dumps
 /pub/wikimedia/images            Wikimedia raw images
 /pub/wikimedia/imagedumps        Wikimedia image dumps
 /pub/centos                      CentOS mirror
 /pub/NetBSD                      NetBSD mirror
 /pub/pkgsrc                      NetBSD pkgsrc mirror
 /pub/kiwix                       Kiwix mirror

 The above directories are also accessible via anonymous rsync.
 Use "rsync ftpmirror.your.org::" to see a list of rsyncable modules.

 This host is also a subversion server for the FreeBSD project.

— Kevin