Access denied to cvsup-master

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Fri Mar 1 07:24:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013, 08:25 +0400, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> On 01.03.2013 6:35, John Marshall wrote:
> > On cvsup.au I have been seeing "Access denied" messages on
> > synchronization attempts during the past several hours.  Is this just a
> > temporary restriction while the svn2cvs thing for ports is switched off,
> > or has something broken?
> >
> >   CVSup update begins at 2013-03-01 09:27:00
> >   Updating from cvsup-master.freebsd.org
> >   Connected to cvsup-master.freebsd.org
> >   Rejected by server: Access denied
>
> It seems the end of life of cvsupd announced at Feb 28 finally comes.

No.  The Feb 28 announcement was only that the ports tree would no
longer be exported to CVS.  There has been no announcement about CVSup
EOL.

> But I can't figure out what to do with other (not ports, docs, src)
> collections now, namely:
>
> gnats/current
> www/current
> mail-archive/current
>
> 1) I don't see EOL announced for them.

There was an announcement (but not on -hubs@) that the gnats/current
collection is no longer available via CVSup.  gnats is now being
distributed via rsync.

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2012-December/071364.html

> 2) How to mirror FreeBSD www now?

The CVSup www/current collection is still the only official distribution
method for the web site, but that may change.  Mention of this was made
on this list a couple of months ago.

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hubs/2012-December/002625.html

I'm supposing (unless we hear otherwise) that the lack of access to
cvsup-master is a temporary restriction imposed for short-term
operational reasons.

--
John Marshall