ftp-master cvsup and upgrade

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 23 01:42:39 UTC 2012

Hey,

I just disabled cvsupd on ftp-master. I don't think anyone was using it
anymore, but I thought I should mention it anyway. RIP. This change does
mean that we should get a bit more power out of the current server as we
don't have to build the cvsup file "database" anymore.

I'm currently also working on setting up our new ftp-master server which
has been sitting for way too long. The new server should have significantly
better performance than current ftp-master.
I hope to switch it over in the next two week but I don't know for sure
yet. If I do manage to get it done it will mean some downtime for
ftp-master while I do the final sync etc.

If anyone have specific requests of when I should not do this, please let
me know. When I will pull the trigger I will send a mail but there will
likely not be a lot of advance warning... unfortunately my/our time is
rather limited so I have to do stuff when I can see a window of free time.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team