cvsup.uk.freebsd.org having problems?

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 17 16:10:40 UTC 2012

[CC of rwatson@ added in case he knows who is responsible for this box ]

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 09:23:09AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Is it me, or did cvsup.uk.freebsd.org stop updating properly some time
> yesterday?
>
> I did a routine cvsup of ports about 23:00 yesterday, but ended up with
> a damaged tree -- the new www/py-waitress port (committed by miwi@ on
> 2012-01-14 19:54:10 UTC) wasn't there, although the SUBDIR entry is in
> /usr/ports/www/Makefile
>
> I thought I'd just updated at an unfortunate time, so I waited until
> this morning to try again, but there were apparently no updates at all
> overnight.   Something seems wrong.

Hi all,

It appears that cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is still suffering. A run just now
also provided no updates which makes several days without updates.

cvsup1.uk.freebsd.org doesn't resolve

cvsup1.uk.freebsd.org.  3590    IN      CNAME   cvsup.plig.net.

however my resolver cannot find cvsup.plig.net

cvsup2.uk.freebsd.org and cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org both point at the same
box at cam.ac.uk as cvsup.uk.freebsd.org, and cvsup4.uk points at
cvsup.plig.net which is MIA.

Thanks,

Gary