Request: Please hook up IPv6 to cvsup mirrors

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 14 20:02:44 UTC 2009

Laurent Frigault wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 03:31:19PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> Now here comes the request. My understanding is that there is a fairly
>> simple netcat trick to link the cvsup port on the IPv6 address to that
>> of the IPv4 address. If that actually is possible, I'd like to request
>> that y'all actually do that. :)
>
> cvsup1.fr.freebsd.org (aka cvsup.free.org) handling both IPv6 and IPv4
> - IPv6 with netcat trick.

Thanks, I've made a note of that for future reference. :)  I am trying
to avoid sending my packets all the way across the Atlantic and back,
although I have an excellent route between California and that server.

Doug