cvsup7.us.freebsd.org disabled

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Jan 22 07:12:23 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 18:04 -0800, John Polstra wrote:
> Folks, the cvsup7.us.freebsd.org has filled up its hard drive.  I have
> disabled its cvsupd and I doubt that it will be coming back.  The
> machine is a 400 MHz Pentium II that must be 10 years old, at least.  I
> no longer live in Seattle where the machine is located, and can't
> replace it or maintain it anymore myself.  Could the DNS record be
> redirected to another CVSup server that can handle some more load?

I temporarily shifted this to a server I've got here that had excess
capacity though I'll find a different fix in a little bit.

Just checking - what did you have the limit set to for concurrent
connects?  Given your description of the machine I'm guessing 10-ish?

Thanks a lot for having provided the service all these years (not to
mention everything else you've done cvsup-wise through the years as
well...).

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu