new porstnap mirror

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:32:12 UTC 2009

> portsnap mirrors would consume some thousands of times of bandwidth
> that a normal client would typically use.  Therefore, you may need to
> prove the usefulness (i.e. Internet access is very slow in your
> country and having a local portsnap mirror would significantly improve
> the users' experience, etc, and you really have so many users).
>
> For small to medium sized enterprise/countries, a possible alternative
> would be to do this with reverse HTTP proxy which caches these files.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net

I'm located in Bulgaria and to be honest one user asked.
So far my regular patients are a news agency, 2-3 private hospitals, some
Turkish government servers, 2-3 telcos
and the regular FBSD bunch - 100-200 local people plus the various stray
bunch from around the world.
We will see how it goes.
Best regards,
Dimitar Vassilev