New package uploads coming

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 31 17:11:53 PDT 2007

Just a heads up that we are preparing to make a huge dump of new
packages onto ftp-master over the coming week.  The packages-8-current/
directories will start to get populated starting with i386, and we'll
also be doing complete rebuilds of the 7 and 6 package sets as part of
the release cycle.

Also bear in mind that there will be new packages-6.3-release and
packages-7.0-release sets sprouting within the next 2 months, so please
try to prepare for the additional space requirements or adjust your
mirror filters to only accept what you have room for.  If you need
advice about what should be prioritised please let me know.

Kris