Cvsup4 Out of Sync

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Tue Nov 27 15:33:21 PST 2007

In message <474C78B3.1080409 at isc.org>, Peter Losher writes:
> This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
> --------------enig542AF035D7B56C7FCE10A18C
>
> Brad Davis wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:24:32AM -0800, Cy Schubert wrote:
> >> It appears that cvsup4 has not synced up with the CVS master in over 2=
> 4=20
> >> hours. Who should I report this to?
> >>
> >=20
> > Usually the freebsd-hubs at freebsd.org mailing list is a good place to
> > start.
> >=20
> > I have cc:ed the list.
>
> Well, as cvsup4 is pointed at freebsd.isc.org, that would be me :)  I do
> dispute the point made that our cluster hasn't updated in more than 24
> hours.  All members of the freebsd.isc.org cluster poll cvsup-master on
> a hourly basis - we are only a Yahoo peering session away from it, which
> helps. :)
>
> That being said - one of the servers did go down for about 5 hours, but
> it was sync'ed back up within 30 minutes after going back online.  So if
> some monitoring system thinks we are out of sync, I would like to point
> out our cvsup logs which tell me otherwise... :)

Strange, it may be possible something may have become corrupted on my server. I've pointed to another CVSup server (cvsup11), then back to cvsup4. We're now
back in business. I'm not exactly sure what managed to become corrupted but it appears that may be the case.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>

			e**(i*pi)+1=0