FreeBSD mirror in Armenia (fwd)

Hrant Dadivanyan ran at styx.aic.net
Sat Mar 31 18:02:28 UTC 2007

> 2007/3/31, Hrant Dadivanyan <ran at styx.aic.net>:
> > Hi Chin-San,
> >
> > Is there any progress ?
>
> Hi, Hrant:

Hi Chin-San,

> Sorry for reply your mail lately.
>
> The parent servers say that the domain am.freebsd.org does not have
> any NS records (although they may have some other information on that
> zone).
> {www1,cvsup1,ftp1}.am.freebsd.org is a CNAME for "www.freebsd.am."
> instead of 'NS' record. ~_~"

They're recorded directly in freebsd.org zone as CNAMEs. When setup these
records Ken Smith did prefer this way for stability. I can quickly setup the
am.freebsd.org zone on three stable DNS servers (two in AM and one in US)
if this is better now, though I've no personal preferrence on one way over
another.

> In my opinion, you can contact dnsadm at FreeBSD for help you(am.FreeBSD.org) to
> setup NS record and somethings else.
> http://www.freebsd.org/administration.html#t-dnsadm

Okay, I'll ask there.

> Finally, I need a contact email for the responsible contact.
> Your SOA (Start of Authority) record with "freebsd.am." states that
> your DNS contact E-mail address is: ran at styx.aic.net.
> I will take it as contact email if you don't mind.

Yes, that's correct.

> Here's the patch:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~chinsan/doc/am.FreeBSD.mirrors.xml.diff
> Could you take a review with this? Thanks.

Looks good, thanks !

> BTW, you can take a view at http://www.freebsd.org/administration.html
> It's very useful for you to find who is responsible for what kinds of things.

Thank you,
Hrant

--
Hrant Dadivanyan (aka Ran d'Adi)			ran(at)psg.com
/* "Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes." */	ran(at)styx.aic.net