[Fwd: FreeBSD mirrors in Canada - temporary re-organization]

Mit Rowe mit at 9trackmind.com
Mon Jun 18 17:59:12 UTC 2007

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:54:00 -0400
From: 	Mit Rowe <mit at 9trackmind.com>
To: 	NRC, Arctic Network, RISQ
Subject: 	FreeBSD mirrors in Canada - temporary re-organization

Dear NRC, RISQ, and Arctic Network,

Please be advised that i have received notification that due to
migration of their systems architectures at /Réseau d'informations
scientifiques du Québec/ [RISQ],  the server that used to answer to the
name ftp2.ca.freebsd.org  [formerly aka freebsd.risq.qc.ca] is going to
be unavailable for a couple months.

If no-one has any objections, i am going to re-assign the
ftp2.ca.freebsd.org hostname to temporarily re-direct traffic that would
normally go to RISQ over to the National Research Council [NRC] (the
current ftp.ca.freebsd.org).

This will make the FreeBSD FTP mirror list in canada:

ftp (aka ftp1): ftp.nrc.ca.
ftp2: ftp.nrc.ca. <--changed from freebsd.risq.qc.ca.
ftp3: mirror.arcticnetwork.ca.

My intention is to maintain the availability of a host answering at
ftp2.ca.freebsd.org. during RISQ's transition, and then when this
transition is complete i would re-alias ftp2.ca.freebsd.org. to
freebsd.risq.qc.ca (or whatever hostname they assign to their machine at
that time).

If there are any objections/suggestions, please let me know!

I would also like to take this time to sincerely thank the staff and
management of RISQ, the NRC, and Arctic Network for their continued
support of the FreeBSD community in Canada.

Your humble servant,
Mit Rowe

PS: if there is someone at your organizations whom i should contact
directly regarding these matters in the future rather than the address
which i have sent this letter to, please let me know so that i can
update my records.

Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe

VP [Technology]
9 TRACK MIND INC.
mit at 9trackmind.com
1-866-326-3098 ext.102
M: 416 219 2512  | F: 416 533 3480
1 Atlantic Avenue Suite 107, Toronto, Canada M6K 3E7
www.9trackmind.com