additional ftp,cvsup, rsync mirrors for Turkey (fwd)

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net.tr
Wed Dec 6 03:48:05 PST 2006

Ismail YENIGUL wrote:

> When we registered www.enderunix.org/freebsd as the FreeBSD mirror.
> Our web server was in Turkey.
>
> we moved the server to NYI in USA, we started using
> freebsd.enderunix.org as the mirror.
>
> In the mean time www2.tr.freebsd.org is pointing to our mirror server
> in Turkey. ( As far as I remember it was done by you..)

Yes I have done it and it is still in operation. If you check
www2.tr.freebsd.org, it is showing your server. There is no problem in this record.

> As a result, If you/someone assign www2.tr.freebsd.org to
> 193.140.143.23 or freebsd.enderunix.org permanently, we can continue with this
> record and the FreeBSD web page maintaner may delete the third one
> (www.enderunix.org/enderunix)

www2.tr.freebsd.org is and was forwarded to your machine at all times and it is
listed as Turkey/2 in FreeBSD web pages!

www2.tr.freebsd.org.    44839   IN      CNAME   istanbul.enderunix.org.
istanbul.enderunix.org. 44839   IN      A       193.140.143.23

Also freebsd.enderunix.org is the same machine.

freebsd.enderunix.org.  528     IN      A       193.140.143.23

> If not I will ask for the changing www.enderunix.org/freebsd to
> http://freebsd.enderunix.org in the FreeBSD pages (web page, handbook etc)

There is no point in keeping Turkey/3 link because you already have
www2.tr.freebsd.org as mirror site there as Turkey/2

So if Turkey/3 link in www.freebsd.org would be forwarded to
http://freebsd.enderunix.org then Turkey/2 would be the same as Turkey/3 (link
to same mirror with 2 names)

The only thing which should be done is to remove Turkey/3 completely as it
doesnt work now anyway and there is no reason to redefine it to the same machine
again.(as it is the same as Turkey/2)

Thanks,
Evren