cvsup in Australia

Jarrod Sayers jarrod at netleader.com.au
Fri Dec 1 14:52:16 PST 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Andrew wrote:
> The cvsup mirrors in Australia seem to be in a bit of a state - I don't
> know if I just picked a bad time to check or if its been like this for a
> while.

Err..

> cvsup{5,6} both seem to work.

Well I am cvsup5 (and also an NS for the au.freebsd.org zone) and looking
at our graphs, I can see an increase in the number of daily connections
starting quite a number of weeks ago.

> I'm hoping the appropriate people will be reading this list and can
> indicate if, for the broken ones, the problem is temporary or permanent.
>
> After some appropriate time interval to see if the currently broken ones
> are coming back I was thinking 5 and 6 be bumped up to 1 & 2 and the
> rest purged (aliasing them to one of the 2 working mirrors)?

I have CC'd to David Dawes (aka hostmaster at au) who can re-juggle the zone
around to make things good again if no response is received.  I would be
more than happy to take on the role of cvsup.au (in addition to cvsup5.au)
to get things back on track again.

Jarrod.