extending volumes

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:35:48 PDT 2005

Hi!
Could someone advise on how to extend an existing stripe with growfs?
I posted a question on freebsd-questions before 3 days and never got reply.
The message is available at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-questions&m=112966827119797&w=2

[fyut]:>df -h
/dev/stripe/data    289G    261G    5.1G    98%    /mnt/storage - Here
is the FTP and the RSYNC area for public access from our FreeBSD
mirror.

I have another 2 250GB disks that I would like to add and extend the volume.

I would like to attach new disk to an existing stripe and then use
growfs instead of newfs.
The aim is to keep the current data on stripe if possible and extend
it so that we have additional space for FTP and CVSUP.
If not please advice.
Articles say it is possible for gstripes also, but no one gives a hint
for gstripes, just for regular filesystems.
Thanks for your help!
Regards,

--
Димитър Василев
Dimitar Vassilev

GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525