FreeBSD 6.0 coming to mirrors

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Thu Nov 3 12:29:11 PST 2005

On Nov 3, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Scott Long wrote:

> All,
>
> Most of the FreeBSD 6.0 ISO images and ftp trees are on ftp-master
> now, with the exception of i386.  That will be moved into place
> very shortly.
> If at all possible, please try to sync these soon so that we can
> announce the release.  Having freebsd.isc.org and
> ftp.beastie.tdk.net are of course the highest priority, but having
> all of the secondaries
> is very important also.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

This brings up a question for me. I'm 1 hop away from one of Yahoo's
routers, and only 4 hops from ftp-master. I can easily pull 15-20mbps
from it, more if multiple rsyncs end up running at once.

Would you prefer us to pull as quickly as possible so that the
mirrors get the data ASAP, or would you rather I rate limited it so
I'm not sucking up so much of ftp-master's bandwidth? What is its
overall limit, 100mbps? 1000mbps?

- Kevin
ftp3.us.freebsd.org