ftp13 out of date

Robert L. Harris rharris at internap.com
Mon Jan 24 17:38:20 PST 2005

Looks like the Internap mirror has failed updating due to
authentication.

@ERROR: access denied to FreeBSD from ftp-mirror.irlab.pnap.net (64.74.207.33)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (91 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

It's trying to update via rsync.

/usr/local/bin/rsync -aH --delete --delete-excluded \
   ftp-master.us.freebsd.org::FreeBSD --exclude=ls-lR* --exclude=**/.nfs* \
   /usr/local/ftp/pub/FreeBSD/

If we can be re-enabled I have have it syncing again quickly.

Thus spake Brooks Davis (brooks at one-eyed-alien.net):

> It looks like ftp13 (internap) is seriously out of date (there are no
> 5.3 packages and the latest 5.3 ISO is BETA4).
>
> http://ftp13.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/
>
> It should be fixed or removed from the list
>
> This appears to leave no useable US based rsync mirrors. (I've never been
> able to connect to carroll.cac.psu.edu (ftp7) for anything other then
> listing the list of mirrors.) :(
>
> -- Brooks
>
> --
> Any statement of the form "X is the one, true Y" is FALSE.
> PGP fingerprint 655D 519C 26A7 82E7 2529  9BF0 5D8E 8BE9 F238 1AD4

- --
:wq!
Robert L. Harris			Manager, Systems Engineering
  GPG Key: 139A6FF3
  404-302-9883

DISCLAIMER:
      These are MY OPINIONS		With Dreams To Be A King,
       ALONE.  I speak for		First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.			  - Manowar