I2

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Fri Jan 7 14:56:04 PST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Walter Belgers wrote:
> Garrett Wollman wrote:

> > > Which are (are there?) the mirror sites available on Internet2? I did
> > > not find it on the docs.
> >
> > We (ftp5/cvsup3) used to be, but aren't at the moment.  I'm hoping to
> > have that fixed by the end of the month.
>
> Although located in the Netherlands, ftp.nl.freebsd.org is connected to
> I2 and has a pretty good link to the USA. (ftp/http/rsync, also IPv6)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but please someone may show the tolerance
to answer it:

What the hell is Internet2?

ftp2.de.freebsd.org already has 1 GBit/sec to Internet (ftp/http/rsync,
but not IPv6), so is it a chance to double bandwidth? ;-))

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)