freebsd 5.3-release and some observations

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Wed Nov 17 14:44:50 PST 2004

My answer is of course to support one. Normally I and my team is doing our
best on promoting FreeBSD in Turkey (writing Turkish documents, writing
first Turkish FreeBSD book, giving seminars, making nation and city wide
organizations [which will be very soon but I will give details later when
everything is %100 absolute] ) but I think it is time to support FreeBSD by
other means. (Buying FreeBSD DVDs from one vendor. I have just ordered from
an online freebsd mall ;) )

Best Regards...

Murray Stokely writes:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:56:16PM +0200, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
>> It can be really very nice if we had a chance to download 2 dvd images
>> (maybe not on ftp mirros but from bittorrent or sth else) so we can have
>> all the packages required. Currently I think this is possible just for i386
>> arch. But creating such 2 dvd images creates  a problem. Which package will
>> go to which DVD image? But I remember that there was a work done for
>> FreeBSD 4.4 release. On 4.4 as you remember we could able to download 4
>> FreeBSD CDs with all packages in it.
>
> Well that work is done for every release by our vendors, and I think
> the answer to all of these questions about ISO images is still to
> either support one of our CDROM/DVD vendors by purchasing a set, or to
> make your own images.
>
> Murray

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish FreeBSD book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk FreeBSD kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikkod.com/freebsd.php