Correction - ports/ tree wasn't quite complete

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Nov 4 06:30:33 PST 2004

This is a correction to my reply ealier where I said I thought the
ports/ tree was ready for the 5.3 release.  If you routinely sync
the entire tree you can ignore this message.

Sorry, but two things came up fairly recently.  It turned out the
ports/ia64/packages-5.3-release tree hadn't finished building at
the time I sent the previous message.  It's loaded now.  The other
thing is that some files inside all the trees will be updated through
the next few days.  This is being done in response to the security
vulnerability in Apache 1.3 that was announced a couple of days ago.

If you manually sync against the ports/ tree please do a periodic
sync for the next couple of days.  I'm afraid I might not find out
exactly when the updates get done to each of the architectures,
they'll just be loaded as the rebuilds complete.

On the bright side I think the problem that was causing cvsup to
rsync all the ISO's is fixed...

Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith