cleanup/questions on some minor directories

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Jan 26 07:29:14 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 08:58:36PM +0800, Rong-En Fan wrote:

> current.freebsd.org already points to snapshots.jp. And, add a
> snapshots is not a bad idea. By the way, does anyone know what
> happened to releng4.freebsd.org? I remember it still produces
> snapshots for 4-stable several months ago...

The machine it was on was in a different site that had a couple of
problems, not the least of which was no remote console access.  It
was decided to abandon those machines.  The re@ folks approved us
doing that, they did not feel the snapshots of 4-stable were
needed (the machine was a bit neglected already).

I agree "current.freebsd.org" isn't the most intuitive name, I'll
see if there are any problems with adding "snapshots -> snapshots.jp"
and "snapshots2 -> <Will's server>" (I haven't had my morning coffee
yet, I'll re-check Will's server's name before attempting to add it :-).

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |