freebsd mirroring/release strategy over the next 12 months ?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Jan 20 01:08:44 PST 2004

Moin!

jason andrade wrote:
 > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ken Smith wrote:
 >
 > > I'm seeing some active development work being done on MIPS but it's
 > > just barely getting rolling.  I'd be a little surprised if it becomes
 >
 > hmm, so we have i386, ia64, amd64, sparc64, pc98 and alpha.  is it possible
 > to do some work to figure out who is actually carrying all of that ?

I still run my FTP survey at this URL (updated daily):
http://www.secnetix.de/~olli/fbsd-ftp/

The webserver only has a 144 kbps uplink, so the pages are
somewhat slow at times.  If someone is willing to give me
(upload and/or shell) access on a better connected apache
webserver, I could install the script suite there.

 > started bringing ftp.au back in sync after a recent storage upgrade and i
 > think it's going to take me several weeks to catch up, not to mention
 > quadruple the disk space the freebsd mirror uses.

I'm in charge for /pub/FreeBSD on ftp7.de.freebsd.org, and
this is what "df -k" has to say about it:

Filesystem  1K-blocks      Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/xxxxxx 159706640 159509016 197624   100%    /xxxxxx

It's unlikely that more diskspace will be available in the
forseeable future.  Not good.  :-(

 > hmm, it'd be really useful to get a current size snapshot of the various
 > parts of the archive

Oh, that's easy, there's a file:  /pub/FreeBSD/dir.sizes

 > and a 12 month target.

That's a tough one, I guess.

Regards
   Oliver

Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse.
        -- Larry Wall