Wrong directory (or symlink?) in ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.3-BETA1/

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Aug 23 08:35:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 08:24:29AM -0700, Rostislav Krasny wrote:

> When I try to install any package on my FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1 by sysinstall
> from ftp.freebsd.org I get following error message:
>
> Unable to get packages/INDEX file from selected media.
>
> I think that the reason of this error is a wrong directory (or
> symlink?) name where the packages of 5.3-BETA1 are contained. Currently
> this is
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.3-BETA1/packages-5-current
>
> IMHO it should be just "packages" instead of "packages-5-current". Can
> you change it, please?

Oops, my mistake.  Sorry about that.  It's fixed on ftp-master, it will
take some time to propagate to the mirror sites.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |