Download stats for pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 6 14:04:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:51:31PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> Hello

Hep,

> Would it be possible for some of the FTP mirrors to give me some
> download statistics for the pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages directory of the
> FTP site?  It would also be nice with more general stats for the entire
> pub/FreeBSD/doc tree for comparison, if possible.
>
> The reason for the request is that I'm considering removing the
> pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages directory [1] since I don't really think it's
> very useful, and it contains 115M which is updated weekly.  It would be
> nice to know if people download the packages before going further with
> my removal plans.

What kind of data are you looking for more exaclty?
Just a quick grep shows over 10000 lines in the transfer log with
"pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages" on ftp.freebsd.org

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing      (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|    erwin at lansing.dk
http://droso.org       `-.-' \ )-`( , o o)    erwin at FreeBSD.org